- Make sure you have Python installed. If you want to play with the Echo Nest Remix API, it currently requires Python 2.6.
- Don't forget that you will also need setuptools to install Python packages.
- Get an API key from The Echo Nest. I'm on Windows, and I also set up an environment variable, ECHO_NEST_API_KEY, with my API key.
- There is a Python wrapper for the Echo Nest API. Get it from Github and install it using python setup.py install.
- Install the native installer for The Echo Nest Remix API from Google Code.
- Have fun!
from pyechonest import config, artist
config.ECHO_NEST_API_KEY="YOUR API KEY"
bk = artist.Artist('boney m')
print "Artists similar to: %s:" % (bk.name,)
for similar_artist in bk.similar:
print "\t%s" % (similar_artist.name,)
from pyechonest import artist
for hottt_artist in artist.top_hottt():
print hottt_artist.name, hottt_artist.hotttnesss